- Ross, H. (Under Review), ‘“I’m Dyslexic But What Does Mean?”: Young People’s Experiences of Dyslexia Support In English Classrooms’. Submitted to the British Journal of Sociology of Education.
- Ross, H. 2019. ‘A case study: developing a safe space for vulnerable young people at school’. Support for Learning 34 (2) pp 162-178.
- Ross, H., 2018. ‘Supporting a child with dyslexia: how parents/carers engage with school-based support for their children’. British Journal of Special Education. DOI: 10.1111/1467-8578.12254
- Ross, H., 2017. ‘An exploration of teachers’ agency and social relationships within dyslexia-support provision in an English secondary school’. British Journal of Special Education 44 (2) pp 186-202.
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘The Dyslexia Challenge.’ [online]. Available from: https://senmagazine.co.uk/home/articles/senarticles-2/the-dyslexia-challenge
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘Testing. Testing’, The Little Things Magazine. 31 May pp 10. [online]. Available from: https://issuu.com/thelittlethingsmagazine/docs/ltm09_final_issuu_edition
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘I’m not hiding, you just can’t see me: understanding how schools help learners with hidden learning needs.’ [online]. Available from https://my.chartered.college/2019/05/im-not-hiding-you-just-cant-see-me-understanding-how-schools-help-learners-with-hidden-learning-needs/
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘How can education be inclusive when we’re not sure what inclusion is?’ UKEd Magazine. 15 May, pp 12 , [online]. Available from https://ukedchat.com/asp-products/ukedmagazine-issue-55/
- Ross, H., and Hicks, J., 2019. ‘Mangaging Dyslexia as a Family’ in Hodgson, S., Addington Lord, & Smith, H., The Human Cost of Dyslexia: The Emotional and Psychological Impact of Poorly Supported Dyslexia. A Report from the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Dyslexia and other SpLDs April 2019. London: All Party Parliamentary Group on Dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties, pp.14-24.
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘Are We Supporting All of Our Children? The Cost of Dyslexia to Families’, University of Bath IPR Blog, 24 April. Available at: https://blogs.bath.ac.uk/iprblog/2019/04/24/are-we-supporting-all-of-our-children-the-cost-of-dyslexia-to-families/
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘Surviving SATs Season’, The Little Things Magazine. 16 March, pp 25. [online]. Available from: https://issuu.com/thelittlethingsmagazine/docs/ltm09_final_issuu_edition
- Ross, H., 2018. ‘Bored Games’, The Little Things Magazine. 12 December, pp 12. [online]. Available from: https://issuu.com/thelittlethingsmagazine/docs/ltm08_32pp_master_final_issuu
- Ross, H., 2018. ‘Wobbly Transitions’, The Little Things Magazine. 23 October, pp 29. [online]. Available from: https://issuu.com/thelittlethingsmagazine/docs/littlethings_issue07_issuu
- Ross, H., 2018, ‘How do we view young people with hidden disabilities in educational discourse?’ Available on line at https://chartered.college/hidden-disabilities-educational-discourse
- Ross, H., 2017, ‘Am I a Good Teacher?: How Teachers Construct Themselves.’ Available online at https://chartered.college/good-teacher-teachers-abilities-professional-status
- Ross, H., 2016, ‘Dyslexia in the Classroom: Accessing Support.’ [Poster], University of Bath, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences Post Graduate Research Showcase: April 12. Available online at: https://www.bath.ac.uk/publications/humanities-social-sciences-postgraduate-research-showcase-entries-2016/attachments/helen-ross-dyslexia-in-the-classroom-accessing-support.pdf
- Discussion Participant: Confessions of a Teacher ‘Workload’ (2019) [Online Broadcast] BBC TV, 6 November [online]. Available from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/teacher-support/confessions-of-a-teacher-workload/zvgcvk7
- Ross, H., ‘The Human Cost of Dyslexia’ (2019) [A Presentation to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Dyslexia and Specific Learning Difficulties]. London: All Party Parliamentary Group on Specific Learning Difficulties. 24 April 17.00-19.00.
- Ross, H., 2019, The Teacher Helen Ross (interview) In Lepper, J., ‘The cost of living on the frontline,’ Children and Young People Now. January, pp24.
- Discussion Participant: Roundtable ‘Private Schools: A Public Disater’ (2018) [TV Broadcast] TRT World, 19 December 11.30 hrs. [online]. Available from: https://www.trtworld.com/video/roundtable/private-schools-a-public-disaster/5c1a51e7e3c0992f2763bee7
- Ross, H., 2018, ‘”I’m Dyslexic But What Does That Actually Mean?”: Exploring Young People’s Experiences of Dyslexia Interventions in Mainstream Classrooms’. Forthcoming Conference Paper. A Child’s World New Shoes New Direction Conference, University of Aberytswyth, 11-13/07/2018.
- Ross, H., 2014. ‘Shifting Meanings and Lost Voices’. paper presented Changing Lives Changing Worlds Conference, University of Bath, 26-27/06/2014.
- Ross, H., 2014. ‘Excluded by Inclusion: the marginalisation of children with dyslexia through ‘inclusion’ strategies’. paper presented Social relations, Transformation and Trust Conference, Coventry University, 28-29/03/2014.