- Ross, H. (Under Review), ‘“I’m Dyslexic But What Does Mean?”: Young People’s Experiences of Dyslexia Support In English Classrooms’.
- Ross, H (pending) ‘What are the opportunities from recent developments in science and technology to help improve educational outcomes for individuals with specific learning difficulties (SpLDs)?’in Council for Science and Technology, Rapid Evidence Review: What are the opportunities from recent developments in science and technology to help improve educational outcomes for individuals with specific learning difficulties (SpLDs)?. London: The Council for Science and Technology
- Ross, H., Rudd, J., Skains, R. L. and Horry R. (Under Review), ‘How Big is My Carbon Footprint: Understanding Young People’s Engagement with Climate Change’, Submitted to the International Journal of Science Education.
- Ross, H. 2019. ‘A case study: developing a safe space for vulnerable young people at school’. Support for Learning 34 (2) pp 162-178.
- Ross, H., 2018. ‘Supporting a child with dyslexia: how parents/carers engage with school-based support for their children’. British Journal of Special Education. DOI: 10.1111/1467-8578.12254
- Ross, H., 2017. ‘An exploration of teachers’ agency and social relationships within dyslexia-support provision in an English secondary school’. British Journal of Special Education 44 (2) pp 186-202.
Invited and Guest Publications
- Ross, H. (Pending). ‘Working with your child’s school’ invited chapter in British Dyslexia Association, Guide to Dyslexia for Parents. Publication pending.
- Ross, H, (2020). Creativity in the Curriculum – An Exam Production-Line’ [online] Available from: https://www.nicole-brown.co.uk/exam-production-line/
- Ross, H., (2020). ‘Lockdown Life: Dyslexia at a Distance’ [online] Available from: https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/news/lockdown-life-dyslexia-at-a-distance , Invited blog for the British Dyslexia Association Website.
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘Are We Supporting All of Our Children? The Cost of Dyslexia to Families’, University of Bath IPR Blog, 24 April. Available at: https://blogs.bath.ac.uk/iprblog/2019/04/24/are-we-supporting-all-of-our-children-the-cost-of-dyslexia-to-families/
- Ross, H (2020) ‘The COVID-19 School Closures: Effects on Learning and Teaching for Students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.’ [online] Available from https://committees.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/5464/pdf/ Response to Call for Evidence from The Department for Education Select Committee on Effects of COVID-19.
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘The Dyslexia Challenge.’ [online]. Available from: https://senmagazine.co.uk/home/articles/senarticles-2/the-dyslexia-challenge
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘Testing. Testing’, The Little Things Magazine. 31 May pp 10. [online]. Available from: https://issuu.com/thelittlethingsmagazine/docs/ltm09_final_issuu_edition
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘I’m not hiding, you just can’t see me: understanding how schools help learners with hidden learning needs.’ [online]. Available from https://my.chartered.college/2019/05/im-not-hiding-you-just-cant-see-me-understanding-how-schools-help-learners-with-hidden-learning-needs/
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘How can education be inclusive when we’re not sure what inclusion is?’ UKEd Magazine. 15 May, pp 12 , [online]. Available from https://ukedchat.com/asp-products/ukedmagazine-issue-55/
- Ross, H., and Hicks, J., 2019. ‘Mangaging Dyslexia as a Family’ in Hodgson, S., Addington Lord, & Smith, H., The Human Cost of Dyslexia: The Emotional and Psychological Impact of Poorly Supported Dyslexia. A Report from the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Dyslexia and other SpLDs April 2019. London: All Party Parliamentary Group on Dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties, pp.14-24.
- Ross, H., 2019. ‘Surviving SATs Season’, The Little Things Magazine. 16 March, pp 25. [online]. Available from: https://issuu.com/thelittlethingsmagazine/docs/ltm09_final_issuu_edition
- Ross, H., 2018. ‘Bored Games’, The Little Things Magazine. 12 December, pp 12. [online]. Available from: https://issuu.com/thelittlethingsmagazine/docs/ltm08_32pp_master_final_issuu
- Ross, H., 2018. ‘Wobbly Transitions’, The Little Things Magazine. 23 October, pp 29. [online]. Available from: https://issuu.com/thelittlethingsmagazine/docs/littlethings_issue07_issuu
- Ross, H., 2018, ‘How do we view young people with hidden disabilities in educational discourse?’ Available on line at https://chartered.college/hidden-disabilities-educational-discourse
- Ross, H., 2017, ‘Am I a Good Teacher?: How Teachers Construct Themselves.’ Available online at https://chartered.college/good-teacher-teachers-abilities-professional-status
- Ross, H., 2016, ‘Dyslexia in the Classroom: Accessing Support.’ [Poster], University of Bath, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences Post Graduate Research Showcase: April 12. Available online at: https://www.bath.ac.uk/publications/humanities-social-sciences-postgraduate-research-showcase-entries-2016/attachments/helen-ross-dyslexia-in-the-classroom-accessing-support.pdf
- Discussion Participant: Confessions of a Teacher ‘Workload’ (2019) [Online Broadcast] BBC TV, 6 November [online]. Available from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/teacher-support/confessions-of-a-teacher-workload/zvgcvk7
- Ross, H., ‘The Human Cost of Dyslexia’ (2019) [A Presentation to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Dyslexia and Specific Learning Difficulties]. London: All Party Parliamentary Group on Specific Learning Difficulties. 24 April 17.00-19.00.
- Ross, H., 2019, The Teacher Helen Ross (interview) In Lepper, J., ‘The cost of living on the frontline,’ Children and Young People Now. January, pp24.
- Discussion Participant: Roundtable ‘Private Schools: A Public Disater’ (2018) [TV Broadcast] TRT World, 19 December 11.30 hrs. [online]. Available from: https://www.trtworld.com/video/roundtable/private-schools-a-public-disaster/5c1a51e7e3c0992f2763bee7
- Ross, H., 2020, ‘Inclusion and Technology: A 21st Century Solution’. Conference Paper. #UKEdChat 2020 Online Conference. Online. 9-11/06/2020.
- Ross, H., 2018, ‘”I’m Dyslexic But What Does That Actually Mean?”: Exploring Young People’s Experiences of Dyslexia Interventions in Mainstream Classrooms’. Forthcoming Conference Paper. A Child’s World New Shoes New Direction Conference, University of Aberytswyth, 11-13/07/2018.
- Ross, H., 2014. ‘Shifting Meanings and Lost Voices’. paper presented Changing Lives Changing Worlds Conference, University of Bath, 26-27/06/2014.
- Ross, H., 2014. ‘Excluded by Inclusion: the marginalisation of children with dyslexia through ‘inclusion’ strategies’. paper presented Social relations, Transformation and Trust Conference, Coventry University, 28-29/03/2014.